FCMC is hiring a unit Secretary for our Long Term Care.
POSITION TITLE: LONG TERM CARE UNIT SECRETARY
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF NURSING
REVISION DATE: June 2023
I. POSITION SUMMARY: Unit Secretary:
1. Coordinates day to day operations on the unit including: clerical tasks, resident/visitor support, safety and
environmental management and supporting resident centered care.
2. Coordinates resident appointments and transportation.
3. Understands and monitors regulatory compliance on the unit.
4. Actively implements FCMC approved customer service to all residents, visitors and staff.
5. Actively participates in Quality Improvement projects for LTC
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES (as listed on attached performance competencies and skill)
lll. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/LICENSE/CERTIFICATE/REGISTRATION/EXPERIENCE:
1. High School graduate
2. Proficient Computer Skills
3. Experience in Long Term Care is preferred
IV. CUSTOMER FOCUSED EXPECTATIONS:
While performing functions of this position, the Unit Secretary will understand the mission, vision and values of the Fulton County Medical Center and be able to articulate their application in Resident Centered Care on the u unit and within their role. He/she must be committed to promoting a positive work environment that is based on staff accountability and professionalism. The Unit Secretary will understand, respect and promote resident centered decision making in every aspect of resident life and departmental operations.
V. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS (Subject to modification or accommodation as required)
1. Standing or walking 10-15% percent of the time, and sitting 85-90% of the time.
2. Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
3. Hand-eye coordination, finger dexterity, functional visual ability and depth perception.
4. Reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel.
5. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
6. Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions.
VII. Work Environment:
The Unit Secretary s work environment varies in noise level and at times will involve unpredictable behaviors and distractions. Exposure to prolonged viewing of a computer terminal, eyestrain and repetitive motions will also be experienced.
VIII. EQUIPMENT USED:
2. Telephone System
5. Facsimile Machine
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
214 Peach Orchard Road
McConnellsburg, PA 17233