Medical Records / Health Information Management (HIM)
214 Peach Orchard Road, McConnellsburg, PA 17233
Phone 717-485-6111 Fax 717-485-6133
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Directions to our office: Enter at the main lobby at the purple flag #2 entrance. Make a right and proceed about halfway down the corridor to the Medical Records hallway, turn left and proceed down that hallway past the emergency service. You will see the Medical Records sign hanging about halfway down the hallway. Our department door is on the right side.
Obtaining Copies of Your Medical Records
Before the HIM department can release medical records, patients are required to provide a written request that includes the following:
- Name of organization from which records are requested
- Name of organization or individual to whom records are to be released
- Purpose of the request
- Specific information being requested (i.e., dates of service, type of report, etc.)
- An expiration date for the authorization, if desired. (Cannot exceed one year from effective date)
- Patient's signature or signature of legal representative.
- Authorizations signed by a legal representative must contain a copy of Personal Representative papers (i.e. Power of Attorney)
- Date of signature
A release of information form can be downloaded by clicking on the link below. The form can then be completed and returned to the HIM department in person, by mail, or fax at the address or fax number above.
We will process your request as soon as possible. However, please remember that, by law, we have 30 days to complete release of information requests.
Anyone picking up medical records will be asked to show a government-issued form of ID (driver's license or ID card) before records will be released.
If the person picking up your medical records is not listed on the original authorization, please provide an addendum (letter) with the date and your signature authorizing the designated person to pickup the records. If we can confirm your signature and the identity of the receiving individual, we will release your records to that person.
Please note that we are not able to give out medical information over the telephone. We are not clinical personnel and cannot explain test results.
Non-custodial parents have an equal right to a child's medical information, with certain exceptions, as required by law. In the event that a non-custodial parent is stripped of these rights, by virtue of a custodial agreement, court order, etc., we must have written documentation to support this. Otherwise, both biological parents have the same rights to their child's medical information, regardless of the custody situation.
Requesting Records of Deceased Individuals
The number of persons who can request records of a deceased individual is very limited. Written proof is required that you are one of the following:
- The Executor or Administrator of the deceased's estate (court provides Short Certificate Form)
- Family member or other individual who was involved in the patient's care or payment of care prior to death
- In the absence of an Executor or Administrator, the next of kin who is responsible for disposition of the remains
Please note that items such as Power of Attorney, Durable Power of Attorney, or decision-maker in an Advance Directive are no longer valid after the death of the patient.
Fulton County Medical Center Patient Portal
The FCMC Patient Portal is an online tool where you can access your own health information without the need to contact the Medical Records Department.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Mobile version is available
- Click on the following link to be taken to the Patient Portal Page of the FCMC website: Patient Portal