Long Term Care Canopy Project
A Pedestrian and Vehicle Canopy has been constructed at the existing entrance of the Long Term Care Facility to give the occupants a means to protect them from the weather between the vehicle drop-off point to the main building entrance. Here are some of the features:
The FCMC Auxiliary donated $60,000 to Canopy Project
- Existing building entrance remained with no work required.
- Existing walkway was widened and shortened to access vehicle drop-off area.
- The new walk is protected with an Aluminum Canopy with a weather protection glazed screen at 'weather' side (1 side only).
- The pedestrian canopy provides protection out to the curb line where an additional Vehicle Canopy has been constructed.
- A Vehicle Canopy has been constructed with a 14' drop-off lane for Visitors and Ambulances. The vehicle canopy provides 12' clearance for high-rise design patient transfer vehicles.
- Security lighting is provided.
- The new expanded width drive provides a passenger pick-up drop-off 14' wide lane and a by-pass vehicle 15' lane.)