- Take some time to think about how to best highlight your skills and experiences.
- Make a list of your current and previous work experiences, accomplishments and skills.
- Select the items on your list that are pertinent for your application/resume and that pertain to the job for which you are applying.
- Write a short, concise description of each work experience, accomplishment or skill to elaborate on your list.
- Organize the information in your resume effectively, placing the most critical information first.
Things to Include:
- Up-to-date contact information (name, address, phone and e-mail)
- Educational history (schools, locations, types of degrees, etc.)
- Work history (company, job title, dates of employment, job duties, etc.)
- Work or school-related honors
- Professional memberships and affiliations
- Relevant specialized training and licensing
- Foreign languages known fluently
- Military experience and/or security clearances
- A valid email address
Things to Exclude:
- Personal information (age, physical characteristics, marital status, number or names of children, family info)
- Health status
- Any information unrelated to the position
- Minimize the use of abbreviations and acronyms
- Complete the application in its entirety, even if you've worked in the same position for 30 years. Blank applications may be automatically screened out due to lack of information.
- PROOFREAD and make necessary changes before submitting your application.
Application - download the application and fill it out and mail, email or fax to
Fulton County Medical Center
214 Peach Orchard Road
- FAX: (717)485-6176