Full-Service Medical Health Center Near Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
Do you live in Mercersburg and need health services? Fulton County Medical Center is just minutes away, so we’re here if you need emergency care or diagnostic, surgical, or rehabilitation services. Our facility has been serving the community for over 65 years. In addition to an emergency medical clinic, it incorporates a critical access hospital and nursing care center, situated between two scenic mountain ranges.
Services available to Mercersburg, PA residents include:
- Cardiopulmonary Services: Our cardiology team has many diagnostic tests at its disposal, including electrocardiograms, echocardiograms, stress testing, and heart monitoring. Various cardiac imaging techniques are available, while respiratory diagnostic treatments and services include arterial blood gas analysis, Bipap/Cpap monitoring, oxygen therapy, and pulmonary function testing. Smoking cessation services are also provided.
- Diagnostic Services: We offer general x-ray, mammography, bone densitometry, ultrasound, nuclear medicine, magnetic resonance imaging, and computed tomography scanning.
- Lab Services:Our state-of-the-art laboratoryis equipped and staffed to analyze specimens, blood, urine, cerebrospinal fluid, and tissue samples. Specialized blood, toxicology, and endocrinology tests are also available.
- Surgical Services: FCMC offers general surgery and is equipped to provide ear, nose, and throat procedures. Gynecological, ophthalmological, and orthopedic outpatient surgeries are also provided. We also offer pre- and post-operative care.
- Diabetes Education: Our team is well-prepared to offer diabetic treatment, but can also educate you on how to prevent or delay the onset of diabetes.
- Nutrition Counseling: A healthy diet improves your health and helps fight disease. We employ Registered Dietitians and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionists. Aside from diabetic treatment, nutritional assistance can help those with heart disease, high blood pressure, kidney disease, celiac disease, and cancer.
- LongTerm Care: Our 67-resident nursing home provides long-term care in a compassionate, upbeat atmosphere.
- Rehabilitation: A range of physical therapy services is provided, including outpatient, cardiopulmonary, and pediatric rehabilitation. We also offer occupational and speech therapy.
- Social Services: Family members and patients are well-served by our social work staff, who can help deal with the emotional, social, and financial stress associated with illness and hospitalization. Our staff will inform you about all applicable services in the community upon discharge.
- Home Health Care: Home health services range from post-surgical care to cardiac management, ostomy care, diabetic management, and chemotherapy administration.
We also offer:
- Emergency Services
- IV Infusion
- Infection Control
- Wound Care
Comprehensive Care for Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
Whether it is urgent care, a cardiologist, or counseling you need, FCMC is equipped to handle a range of medical needs. We’re a medical clinic designed to serve the community. Residents needing a wound center or 24-hour emergency care can count on us to diagnose, treat, and manage their condition.
We are fully committed to improving the health of the community in Mercersburg, PA. By focusing on multiple specialties, we’ve become a one-stop destination for diagnostics, treatment, and wellness care. Providers in nearly all major fields of medicine are on hand to address your needs.
Visit Fulton County Medical Center at 214 Peach Orchard Road in McConnellsburg, PA, or schedule an appointment in Mercersburg today by calling (717) 485-3155.