Cardiology Services in McConnellsburg, PA
When you need cardiology services, it’s good to know that you can find expert care close to home. Here in Fulton County, PA, FCMC offers several top cardiology specialists on its staff to serve you. The Fulton County Medical Center offers full-time cardiology services led by Michael T. Donahoe, MD, Jeffrey S. Mandak, M.D. F.A.C.C, and Dustin Pine, PC-C
When Seeing a Cardiologist Is a Good Idea
There are many instances in which visiting a heart doctor can be a good thing and even save your life. Chest pain, shortness of breath, and dizziness can be signs that a heart attack has happened or is about to happen. Heart arrhythmias can go unnoticed until there are more serious symptoms and even signs of heart failure. An expert in cardiopulmonary treatment can determine what tests or procedures are right for you.
Technology is what makes our cardiopulmonary center in McConnellsburg, PA stand out. Department testing at our Fulton health clinic includes:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG): Using patches and wires, and the machine they’re connected to, doctors can measure the electrical signals produced by the heart.
- Echocardiogram (ECHO):Sound waves are used to show how the heart is functioning, and to produce an image that lets a cardiologist see heart valves and other structures.
- Cardiac Stress Testing:An effective way to measure and compare heart rate, function, and blood flow at rest and during periods of activity.
- Holter Monitoring, MCOT, and Event recording: The patient wears a portable device for a specified period of time, which is then returned to the medical office for evaluation.
- Cardioversion:Electrical stimulation, medication, or medical implants are used to restore a normal heart rhythm. Portable external defibrillators are an example of devices used as well.
- TransEsophageal Echocardiogram (TEE):A tube containing an ultrasound transducer is inserted into the throat to obtain clear images that can detect blood clots and infections.
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI): Blood pressure is measured at the arm and the ankle, and bothare compared to determine if a patient has peripheral artery disease.
- Cardiac Imaging: Ultrasound, coronary catheterization, and CT, MRI, and PET scans may be used to get a detailed look at the heart.
We provide a variety of diagnostic treatments and services, such as:
- Inpatient Therapy
- Arterial Blood Gas Analysis
- Bipap/Cpap Monitoring
- Oxygen Therapy
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Pulmonary Disease Education
- Smoking Cessation
- EEG Testing
We look forward to serving you. Please let us know how we can help with your urgent care needs.All of our specialists are highly trained experts in their fields who will deliver the health care you need in a caring atmosphere, located at our facility and Fulton walk-inclinic in McConnellsburg, PA.
For scheduling an appointment and receiving a complete cardiological or pulmonary workup at our 24-hourhealthcare clinic, call 717-485-2871.